Thursday, October 15, 2015

The Wonder of Intimacy

Fear has been displayed.
Darkness has been revealed.
My person has laid
Splayed open for examination,
Spotlit,
Presented on stage
For an audience of one.
The cool breeze of thoughtfulness
Has blown against the burn,
The reddened skin of my heart,
Where broken trust has torched
Like radiation.
Risking judgement,
Condemnation,
Abandonment,
I have bared my shame.
The carefully constructed mask
I show to all
Has been cast aside,
And my true face is visible.
My ugliness,
My deformity,
Have been called forth,
Blinking and squinting
At the brightness of the unaccustomed light.
You do not shrink away
Nose wrinkling in disgust.
I see neither horror nor shock visible
In your reaction.
Instead,
With loving touch,
Gentle care,
Soothing murmur,
You cradle my rawness in love.
Shuddering with tremorous dismay,
Dread,
Delight,
I feel the balm of your acceptance.
Anticipating the cut,
The slap,
The turn on the heel to depart,
I find instead validity,
Respect,
Caring.
I have never experienced this intimacy.
Passion's shudderings,
Breathless panting,
The entwining of bodies,
Has been my boundary.
My doorway to the intimate
Has been nakedness of another kind.
You look at me where none has gazed before.
Your lips brush my raw and true self
With healing concern.
You fingers grasp,
Stroke,
Insistent on entry to a virgin place.
My soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment